Is anyone here a fan of old time radio?

I am! I actually find those shows to be better than some of the modern entertainment around these days. I have listened to Fibber McGee and Molly, Suspense, Escape, Dragnet, Gunsmoke, and others. I subscribe to several old time radio podcasts through iTunes.

tinamatt

Asked by tinamatt at 7:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Entertainment

• I didn't know they still did that. I usually just listen to music & the only talk radio is Bob & Tom in the morning :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:00 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I sure do. I have ever since I was little. I used to listen to them on cassette tapes. My friends were listening to NKOTB and I was listening to the radio shows.

pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I have quite a few cd's of the Lux radio theatre programs, I LOVE listening to them!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:51 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Mrsmom, I listen to mine from iTunes. These are *rebroadcasts* of the original radio shows. I especially like it when they leave in the original commercials. I have learned more about life in the 1940's from the commercials than I have from reading textbooks. One commercial touted the health benefits of eating . . . wait for it . . . ICE CREAM!
    tinamatt

Comment by tinamatt (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2011