I have to move in 19 days!!

I'm renting a duplex and my landlord has asked me to move. (yes, with reason) I have 19 days and I am freakin out!!! I need advice in a BAD way!!! I just found out yesterday!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Home & Garden

• What kind of advice are you looking for? What to do? How to fight it? We need a little more info to be of much help.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:44 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Why do you need advice? Start packing and look for a new place.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:44 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Start packing and just keep going. Get your local paper, call property rental businesses and keep a positive attitude. If this is something you have to go through, get busy and keep your chin up. You are better to tackle it with your mind in the right place. Look at it as a way to get extra exercise while getting a current inventory and sorting of your belongings. Good Luck. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 8:47 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• What you doing on cm? I would be looking for a new place to live and packing.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:53 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Shouldn't you get 30 days?
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:59 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• just start packing and pack as much as you can while you are home(if you work pack when you get home and before going to work) we were in the same predicament and we just packed everything and labeled every box(very important thing to do) do you know where you will be moving to? if so see if you can move the boxes there and store them till you are completely out.

But I agree you should have 30 days unless there is something that is making your landlord evict you then they can make you get out sooner. Get your local paper, call property rental businesses and keep a positive attitude. If this is something you have to go through, get busy and keep your chin up; just pack as much as you can every day. Good luck and God Bless
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:13 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• You could pack everything up and put in storage, and rent a room by the week, until you get back on your feet. IDK but they have to pay the mortage the same as everyone else,, please try and leave the duplex in good condition,, I own 1/2 of a duplex, and had some people do over $7,000.00 in damage to it, and it almost put us under, if you could talk to him and see if you can work something out that might be an option for you as well.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:18 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Lots of apartments do move in specials during the summer so maybe you can look for places that have the first month or two free. Great deals to be found, but you have to get on it in a serious way!
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 9:39 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I think she got busy packing and looking for new place. That's a good thing to do with such short notice. Everyone above pretty much covered all the advice I could possibly come up with. Good Luck to you!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 2:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Start packing, I guess. I thought they had to give you 30 days.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2011