My newborn wants to sleep ALL the time. I have to wake her for feedings. I was taking percoset but stopped over 24 hours ago. We have a really hard time waking her.

I am eeding

newmom8134

Asked by newmom8134 at 8:49 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• call your ped and tell them wats going on
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:02 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I had a c-section and I also was taking the samething. I did not want to take it but they made me. The first ped appt. the doctor ask that I not take it anymore because I was nursing her. I felt that I did not even need it. If nursing it does go into your system.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 9:04 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I would also call your ped doctor.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 9:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Call your doctor!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:06 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• the percocet probally passed into your breastmilk,that is why she is sleeping probally. It may not make you sleepy anymore but when its in the breastmilk,the baby intakes it in.
    CristaJordan

Answer by CristaJordan at 9:47 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My son went through a faze of doing that. the whole thing is to try and keep your child awake as much as possible. But, no that your child may choose to sleep, if you still feel concerned it's best to call the doctor.
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 10:53 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My middle child was a very sleepy girl. She went to sleep for 6 hrs straight after being born and after that it took 45 minutes for us to get her to nurse for 10 minutes. And I was taking nothing stronger than ibuprofen. She was like that for about 2 weeks.

The good news for me was that she was an excellent sleeper and still is now. (she's 11 and can sleep until noon if we let her.)

Call the doctor just to check it out, especially if it makes you feel better.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:09 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• You could always call your doctor and ask what he thinks...Did your baby have jaundice at all?
    Proudnewmommy11

Answer by Proudnewmommy11 at 2:07 AM on Jul. 13, 2011