How do i let him go but keep the relationhip in tact for the baby

im hurting so much cause i know that this relationship isnt healthy anymore since the baby is on the way he has changed completely and i cany handle it anymore at first i thought it was just my hormones and i was doing something wrong but then the hormones died down and i could think clearly and he was still acting the same way he told me he was in love with his ex the ex weve been through hell over cause she didnt want to let go then he told me that he only said it to make me cry like im not emotional enough on my own how do i seperate the feelings?

ZiZisMommy0117

Asked by ZiZisMommy0117 at 9:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• what do you mean? she wont know either way what? if he is there or not?
    ZiZisMommy0117

Comment by ZiZisMommy0117 (original poster) at 9:12 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Are you asking how you can let him go emotionally and physically, but still keep him in your life as a father to the baby? Because this sounds exactly like what you need to do. Women do it all the time. Start reminding yourself that your responsibility is to yourself and your baby.. that this man is causing you nothing but hurt and sounds like he doesn't plan on doing anything good about it. Remind yourself everyday that this new baby's life is dependent upon you fulfilling his life... meaning you determine how his life comes out. Think about this carefully.. do you want your baby born into a life of hurt, pain, distrust? No... you want to be positive, upbeat and healthy. Good luck...you can do it! See an attorney and get this all mapped out now before the baby is born.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:22 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• For your sake and the baby's sake, it sounds like he needs to be out of your life, now. You deserve better! As far as keeping him in your life for the baby's sake, it will be his responsibility to give you child support if he leaves. As for the baby knowing his dad when she/he is born, I guess it's up to you whether or not you think he is a mentally stable and you want your baby to know him. And if he want to know his baby. It sounds like he is treating you pretty crappy right now and wants to be with his ex. So, let him go now, it will only get worse when the baby is born. I know all easy for me to say what you should do. It's just easier to let things go now before they get worse. It will be his loss! I wish you the best....hugs
    kmombear

Answer by kmombear at 9:31 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I agree. You need to leave him and end your relationship. It is the best thing for the child. Go to an attorney and start setting up things like visitation and child support. Try to have a conversation with him where you can both understand that even though the relationship is over you are both still parents and both need to be there for the child..
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 9:31 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• judge him as a father and decide if he deserve your friendship
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 10:57 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• use ur mind instead of your heart and just keep being civil
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 12:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2011