Which is better?

my friend and i are having an issue, which is better for potty training: using the insert or the potty chair? i've never used the potty chair i've always used the insert and she's opposite. but i'm going to be doing alot of babysitting and i want to do it my way she want's it done her way. i would like to hear what your pros and cons are on the issue.

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 9:20 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• As long as they are using one potty or another, it shouldn't be a big deal, the main goal is to get them out of diapers.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 11:36 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Some kids find the little potty chairs less intimidating than the big potty with an insert. As with all things kid-related, there is no right answer.
    Mom2Just1Kiddo

Answer by Mom2Just1Kiddo at 11:36 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I don't see the big difference accept with the chair you have to clean it more with the insert you just have to take it out and put it back in and maybe wipe it off with a disinfectant wipe....
    3angels23

Answer by 3angels23 at 9:26 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I am a babysitter also and I have always done it the parents way, even if I don't agree with it. They started potty training their son when he was 23 mos old (last August) and he still isn't potty trained. My daughter is a month younger than him and we started potty training in May and she is pretty much potty training. So while I believe my method of waiting until she was a bit older andmore ready worked, I still followed their methods for their son. But if you are potty training your kids at the same time, it will probably be beneficial for everyone involved to use the same method and it might be better to use your method since you are comfortable with it and know it works
    Bluebird8874

Answer by Bluebird8874 at 9:29 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• insert potty you'll need a stool and some kids like to do it by themselves so you really need to watch them getting up and down. They like it because of (if there are any) characters on it. They also like it because they feel like they are like you using the big potty.
    The potty chair is great too because it's more personal for them. BUT you have to continue to clean it out.
    We have the potty chair and insert for her to choose which one she likes.
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 10:07 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Depends on the child. I have seen both sucessful. For me, I am going to try the seat first, just because the potty I have is a little tall and dont want to risk someone falling on it during the night or something. Just a funny, if they are boys, they do have training urinals.... when my son starts potty traing and can tell the diff between #1 and #2 I am thinking I am going to get one.
    baquick

Answer by baquick at 2:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2011