How often are they wrong???

how often are they wrong in telling the sex of the baby?? i had my 5mnth ultrasound on july 1st and they said girl but it doesnt look like my other dds pics when they said girl..the ultrasound tech kinda had a hard time getiing her to sit still..she was bounceing all over the place lol...how often are the wrong?

rachel216

Asked by rachel216 at 9:30 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i'm not sure. they were wrong on my last one. we all thought it was a boy but turned out to be a girl. i'm sorry we weren't really interested in the sex of the babies we were just making sure they were healthy because i was going through some issues with the first two pregnancies.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My friend found out she was pregnant and they told her she was having a boy, She wasn't exactly bothered about the sex as she had been ttc for so long she was happy she was just given the chance to be mum. But what did bother her was she bought all blue for her child and even picked the baby's name. When she gave birth they congratulated her on the birth of the baby Girl. She was upset that they'd mistaken the cord for the baby's genital parts.
    BabyMad93

Answer by BabyMad93 at 9:35 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I was originally told that my three year old daughter was a boy. The next ultrasound I had after that, I got a different tech and she said she was a girl My little sister, then four, informed me that her weewee must have fallen off and it was still inside my belly somewhere. She still insists that my next baby will be a boy.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 9:35 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My mom had 8 kids and only 1 of them were wrong and that was back in the 90's. However my friends sister had a little boy last year and he was suppose to have been a girl.
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 9:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• They told me I was having a boy and the voila .... I had a girl! Hmmm.....
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 9:47 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• hmmmmm i hope thier not wrong with this one ..i had complications with my 1st so i was having ultrasounds way into my 3rd tri so they knew 4sure she was a girl...and now this one we arent haveing any complications so far im just now 23weeks and none of my complications happend untill week 24 so we will see...sounds kinda werid but this pregancy is makeing me nervouse bc thiers nothing to worry about so far
    rachel216

Comment by rachel216 (original poster) at 9:54 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• both mine were right.. although with my second she played shy at her 20 week appointment so the U/S tech said right off it LOOKS like a girl but she's only 50% sure on that. You can go by how they say it.. like when they are definite, ITS A GIRL CONGRATS.. it's most likely a girl.. if they say, Looks like it's a girl... there is more hesitation then, and they aren't saying 100% it's a girl..

you can see about getting another ultrasound when they check for amniotic fluid levels to see if they can determine the gender then.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:18 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• oh im deff goin to be asking them if shes still a girl lol....i askd at every ultrasound i had with my first ill prob do the same thing with this one
    rachel216

Comment by rachel216 (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Jul. 12, 2011