Eye stye?

I think I have a blocked tear duct, my dad says it looks like a stye? Has anyone ever had one? And what can you do about it?

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:48 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Health

• yes ive had a stye ..its just an infection all i ever done for it is stopped wearing eye make up, it makes it worse and keep it as clean as poss..just rinse it with warm water everynight b4 bed....it will go away really soon
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 10:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Is it on the fleshy area in the corner,or on the lid?
    A sty will appear as a white bump,possibly ringed in red and it hurts like hell!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• It is on the upper and lower lid by my tear ducts in the corner of my eye. There isnt any white, but it feels swollen and hurts! Egh!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• put a hot rag on it for several minutes a couple of times a day. The heat will open the clogged duct and drain the stye. Also standing in a hot shower will help.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 10:13 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• oh I hate when that happens, sometimes a warm washcloth over it, but otherwise to see a doctor.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• When I had some teeny little ones. I did what they said to do many years ago on Hour magazine, TV show. Take a Genuine Gold ring. Make sure its Clean. And take it and rub it on the stye and it comes right off. It heals and doesn't hurt! Sounds Strange but it has always worked for me!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 3:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2011