My 6 year old needs an honest answer for this one

why do some parents treat their kids like they are made of glass or something? everytime the kids gets a bump the parents acts like the kids are going to die? i'm just trying to make some since out of it. my six year old is a bully to those kids and i don't know how to explain why they do that when i don't know myself. i've got it to where all she'll do is shake her head and walk away without saying anything but she really wants an answer. and yes she is standing over my shoulder reading this. she got into an accident at the playground with another kid cuz he wasn't following the rules and he was screaming his head off. please help her find an answer.

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 9:50 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• my six year old is a bully to those kids and i don't know how to explain why they do that when i don't know myself.

They cry because your daughter is a bully to them. Why do you let her?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:57 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• how would you feel if someone came up to your 6 year old and punched her in her face leaving a black eye or a broken nose. You need to sit down with your daughter and set her straight. this should have happened when it started instead of letting it get this far. and why would you post this online why your 6 year old is standing right behind your back anyways? None of us can help her or you out. That is your job
    CristaJordan

Answer by CristaJordan at 10:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• still its no excuse not to be rude or anything. She shouldnt be mean to anyone.
    CristaJordan

Answer by CristaJordan at 10:09 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Wow, what a piece of work you are. Your child is a bully and you want to give her a reason to explain her behavior away? Ummm....okay. As for the question about parents being concerned for their children's well being - that's called a loving parent who feels bad for their child when they get hurt. What parent wants to see their child in pain?? I honestly do not get this question or what you are trying to gain from it. It honestly doesn't seem like a question, but more like you are *telling* something in a backhanded way. Get your kid some help for her bullying and get yourself some for not being the proper parent your child needs.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 10:13 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• We just ran across a girl just yours the other day. She called my 12yo a sissy because she kicked him the knee on one of his bumps. That hurts. He has extra bone growths. Before we could even react, his younger brother tackled her, fist cocked and told her if she didn't stop picking on the kids, yes she was picking all day long. He would bloody her nose for her. Her mother came up and said if anyone laid a hand on her they have trouble. At that point all the parents stood up for my son and told her to get control of her daughter or leave.
    daps

Answer by daps at 3:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Well first, there is never an excuse to be a bully.
    So, they are cry babies and she is a stronger child. Good for her. No reason to be putting down other kids. If they fall down and start crying, she should go and comfort them, not walk away and shake her head.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 9:59 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• So she hits them,they get upset,and the parent's aren't suppose to feel sorry for them???

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:59 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I don't understand why parents are ok with their children being bullies. You're twisted.
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 10:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Sounds like your daughter is a HUGE brat and needs an ass woopen ! Im sure she doenst have many friends and no one likes her because of this bullying she does to other kids. There are kids at my daughters school like that who pick on other kids and call them names, i blame the BAD PARENTING on how these kids behave. If my child ever bullyied someone they would have red asses all the time. I dont put up with bullying and neither should you.
    And as for you asking us this question while your daughter is standing over you, shouldnt you be sitting her down and let her know that what she is doing isnt right. Karma is a bitch and when she gets old enough say high school age or even junior high and she bullys kids shes going to end up getting her ass beat by someone who isnt going to put up with it. TIME TO PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN, AND BE A MOTHER...NOT HER FRINED !!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• well tell your daughter ( that you taught to judge others) that if she wants to call people names, she can take a little herself, like "bully" untrained, and snotty, and you as her parent have taught her these things and you are disgraceful.... that boy got hurt, and they maybe he shouldnt have gone up the slide, but why the hell is she so high and mighty to call him out his name? Glad you are raising a bully and vicious human being. I hope one day you get a reality check when your daughter is the one being bullied for being such a brat! Get help lady!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2011