Which would you pick for preschool?

My son will be attending preschool this Fall this is the days and times the school offers but I need some input on to what you would choose

Class times and dates:

AM Classes: Monday – Thursday 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.

PM Classes: Monday – Thursday 12:15 – 3:15 p.m.

All Day Class: Monday – Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 3:15 p.m

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 9:55 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would pick the afternoon classes b/c normally there are fewer kids in the afternoon classes. Plus afternoon kiddos don't miss as much school AND those classes get to attend more assemblies, etc. that the school has. At least that is the way it is in our district.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 3:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• AM Classes: Monday – Thursday 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.

They are more aware of a morning.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:03 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• i would pick all day if i could. that way i wouldn't have to take night classes at the college and all three kids would be in school
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 10:20 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• He's 4? What's your schedule like? Are you SAHM? Does he still nap?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:30 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I would pick the AM classes 8:30-11:30.
    ProudMommie87

Answer by ProudMommie87 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• We did the AM classes 2 times a week. That worked out best for us. It's no small feat to get a toddler fed, dressed & ready to go so two days were enough for us this past school year. In the fall I am sending him to the next step (4 year olds) for a mini day (9-2) twice a week. He still naps but they will give him snack & lunch & when he comes home he'll get a bath & nap then. I just had a baby less than 2 weeks ago & it will give me a little more time with the baby too. I think morning classes are best for new preschoolers since like another poster said, that's when they have the most energy. They seem to fizzle out around 2pm.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• The AM classes. He will be more alert.
    Mom2Just1Kiddo

Answer by Mom2Just1Kiddo at 10:48 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• he has energy all day and goes all day without stopping--he doesn't fizzle out in the afternoon even
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 10:52 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• myself i would go with afternoon classes because it gives the child a chance to wake up and get ready for school and if your child is like mine it will avoid all the fights and tantrums
    LadyBug0523

Answer by LadyBug0523 at 12:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My son started going in the afternoon but when we moved he switched to mornings. I actually liked mornings, I felt like I got a lot more done. Though I was looking forward to him going in the afternoon this year because of my daughters nap schedule but they decided he wasn't ready (I guess, no one really explained it). Do whatever is easiest for your schedule and routine!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 1:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2011