Did you know about this? Someone just send this to me:

“I can make a firm pledge. Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes,”
President Obama, September 12, 2008

Beginning January 1, 2013, ObamaCare imposes a 3.8% Medicare tax on unearned income, including the sale of single family homes, townhouses, co-ops, condominiums, and even rental income.

In February 2010, 5.02 million homes were sold, according to the National Association of Realtors. On any given day, the sale of a house, townhome, condominium, co-op, or income from a rental property can push middle-income families over the $250,000 threshold and slam them with a new tax they can’t afford.
This new ObamaCare tax is the first time the government will apply a 3.8 percent tax on unearned income. This new tax on home sales and unearned income and other Medicare taxes raise taxes more than $210 billion to pay for ObamaCare. The National Association of Realtors called this new Medicare tax on unearned income “destructive” and “ill-advised” and warned it would hurt job creation.
.....................................................................
I'm not shocked Obama did say I will take your money, to make sure to share the wealth. (forgot to tell you he is not sharing with you, he is sending it over seas)
So the poor stay poor and the middle class live paycheck to paycheck.
Stealing from other has never worked!!

gammie

Asked by gammie at 10:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Everyone wants the benefits our government can provide, and NO ONE wants to pay for it.

slapNO! Not everyone wants the "benefits" our government provides ... and yes, I still don't want to pay for them.

-Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 10:25 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• If someone is over the $250,000 income bracket and can't afford their taxes, then they need a budget overhaul.

I don't agree with this at all. It is those people making that money that start small business's and make the country grow, providing new jobs. It's amazing how once you cross a certain threshold, it's not even worth making more money, because the keep taking a higher and higher percentage of it, and reducing other tax cuts.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 10:15 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I didn't vote for him.

Don't you remember "read my lips, no new taxes" Any politician that promises no new taxes, is a bit ignorant on how things work. Realistically, no one can ever promise no new taxes.

Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 10:08 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I think the additional tax is a load of crap.

I am now a landlord..we couldn't sell our home before we moved and were forced to rent it out. When this kicks in the cost of the rent will go up accordingly. I am sure the tenants will be thrilled.

The additional tax on the sale of the home will increase the cost of the home purchase because the seller isn't going to eat it. I bet that will be great for real estate sales.

I am part of the evil over $250,000 group. It's not that I can't afford the taxes, I am just sick of the waste..sick of supporting the 47% that use services and pay nothing. IMO if you can pay the SALES tax on a flat screen or a $250 cell phone you can pay a few bucks in federal taxes.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:24 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• You DO know that the original e-mail nfo came out in the fall of 2010.....almost three years ago.

***

LOL...I love highlighting the errors of the sanctimonious among us!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:41 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• You DO know that the original e-mail nfo came out in the fall of 2010.....almost three years ago. Answer by minnesotanice

Wow.  And you had the nerve to say that I am not that intelligent?  I'm no math whiz, but it's not even fall of 2011.  That isn't even 12 months ago (12 months = 1 year - so I am told). 

I love irony.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• http://www.factcheck.org/2010/04/a-38-percent-sales-tax-on-your-home//

It's true with a twist. If you sell your house the first $250K isn't taxable beyond that yes. You know who this will effect? Retires who sell their paid for homes for something smaller and more manageable.

sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 10:49 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• If someone is over the $250,000 income bracket and can't afford their taxes, then they need a budget overhaul. This whole tax issue is just silly. Everyone wants the benefits our government can provide, and NO ONE wants to pay for it. Historically, government existed for two purposes. To levy taxes and to provide an army and the courts to protect us. Period. Our federal government should not be in the business of taking care of the elderly, providing health insurance to anyone, paying for education, or anything. The only thing our federal government should do is protect us from bad people, and collect the taxes to pay for that army, courts, etc. In the past, if someone was poor, his neighbors helped him. Or the church. Once government takes over, people no longer feel the need to help. Government has to pay a committee to do it, and a committee to see that they do it right, and a lot of people are getting paid to do nothing
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 10:11 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Ok, the whole idea that "Everyone wants the benefits our government can provide, and NO ONE wants to pay for it." is crap.  I do want some "government" benefits - a reliable police force/fire department, well paved streets, working traffic lights, etc - and I'm glad that my tax dollars help to provide those services.  However, I don't want to pay for others who won't provide for themselves - people need to stop getting government paid luxuries and start carrying their own weight.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:06 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I do want some "government" benefits - a reliable police force/fire department, well paved streets, working traffic lights, etc - and I'm glad that my tax dollars help to provide those services.

These aren't paid for by the federal government or the income tax anyway. Civil services are paid for by property taxes and state sales taxes, and stay in the state.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 11:10 AM on Jul. 12, 2011