Sorry here is the question to the last one

my daughter was sliding down the slide, the boy was walking up the slide, he got a bump and she was bleeding, he was screaming his head off and she told him to stop being a crybaby. his mom called her a bully and then tried to pick the boy up so they could leave. she wants to know why the mom was making such a fuss over his bump when she was the one who got the worst of it? they didn't even ask if she asked him before calling him a cry baby. she wants to know why his mother was acting like she was the one who was in the wrong when it was her son that wasn't following the rules?

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 10:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• She was calling the child a name, that is unpolite and rude. I would have done the same thing.
    Now, if she was taught to be polite, she would have went over to the child and asked if he was OK. Instead of thinking "well my injury is worse, so who cares about a crybaby."

Very uncaring.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 10:10 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I don't think your daughter is a bully. She was insensitive but she is a kid.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 3:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• And to add, even though the boy was wrong for going up the slide, there is only one person your daughter could control, and that is herself. She needs to treat others the way she would like to be treated instead of critizing others.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 10:12 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Even though it's wrong to climb up a slide, she can't call him a name like that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:20 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• While the boy was wrong to climb the slide, I do have to agree with Candi1024. Your daughter should not have called him names.

As a parent I would have taken the time to talk with my child and explain that if the little boy had not climb the slide both injuries could have been prevented it is never appropriate make fun of people when they are hurt.

sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 10:21 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• SO?? Bumps hurt like hell sometimes. That makes it ok for her to be rude like that?
    You better nip this in the bud before she gets worse. Can you say Mean Girls??!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:31 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• He shouldn't have been climbing up the slide. Slides are for sliding DOWN.

Maybe she shouldn't have called him a cry-baby but...my daughter would have done the same thing ;) . But she also knows we don't climb up slides.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 11:46 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I would not call her a bully.. I agree with Cometgirl and I would address appropriate behavior.
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 3:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• If it were my child asking me I'd say "The other mother was acting like that because regardless of what her son did, you inappropriately called him a name for it. Even if it's just a bump (which can hurt!) compared to your bleeding, calling him a crybaby was wrong. Even though *HE* was wrong to go up the slide not down, calling him a name was wrong. The mother reacted to a hurt child being called a name. I understand you were upset. I understand that you were using the slide properly and he was not. However, that does NOT make it ok to call someone names." Although frankly, if I heard my child do it I'd have said something similar before she asked me while the other mother was there to hear me highlight the mistakes made on both parts - his wrongful use of the slide and her use of name calling. I also would have asked my child to apologize for calling him a crybaby
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 3:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Sorry Cheeky, just because kids 'call each other names all the time" doesn't mean it's behavior for a parent to ignore or condone. Sure, my kids will get mad and toss out a name at the person angering them BUT if I hear it (or of it) I correct them. Just because kids do it doesn't mean it's right.

ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 4:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2011