Can friends with benefits become something more later?

So I have been having a somewhat sexual relationship with a man. We haven't actually had sex but we've finally started messing around after a couple months of talking sexually to each other. Things are extremely complicated because there are other factors at play that I would rather not speak of but he asked me yesterday what I wanted. I told him I dont want anything I just want to have fun because I don't want things to be more complicated then they already are. He said he was on the same page. Do you think he just said this because I said it and that he actually has feelings for me or he was just trying to find out where I stand. I just don't want him to fall for me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• it's possible, but never get your hopes up. Keep expectations low. If you don't, there is a good chance you'll get hurt.

If you want to know the truth. Ask him. Ask him if there he has any other feelings for you other than sexual & if so, what does he want to do about it. Might as well get it all out on the table, especially since there are other "factors" at play.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• No. Relationships rarely go backwards

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:22 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Friends with benefits is so stupid. People will always be hurt. Sex is not that damn important.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:26 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Sounds like one or both of you might be in a relationship already ... if so I think you are playing with fire and someone is going to get burned.

Friends with benefits is a way of saying I just want to have sex. Any one can have sex it doesn't matter who you are/or what you look like. I you really want it all you have to do is go and look for it, there is always someone else looking for it, I don't know why people think it is such an accomplishment to score.
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 10:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I like sex, but I respect myself more. Why allow a man to use you like that?
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:30 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• You have to be the woman who posts about an emotional soul mate.
    You have said before you are both married.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• To me it sounds like you are hoping it turns into more. So I do see it as him using you. Your emotions are aldready playing in the scenario or you wouldn't be bringing it up.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:35 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Nope. Since the 'relationship' isn't based upon being only with that person (no emotional investment), if either of you would want more later, it would backfire if you tried.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:35 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I despise cheaters. Grow up. I feel miserable for you kids.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:44 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Looks and sounds like you are only wanting specific answers to your question. Looks like everytime someone disagrees with you, you get nasty. So, I'll just get my credits for this and move on.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:56 AM on Jul. 12, 2011