Is it safe t0 get highlights during the first trimester of pregnancy?

I can't remember. I know i had them in my second and third of my first baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i think its the secound you can my sister in law did her in the secound and she is an Lpn
    Autumn634

Answer by Autumn634 at 2:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• My doctor told me that no harm would come of it, it was just a matter of making sure it was in a well ventilated area, and if my morning sickness would allow me to deal with the smell.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Wait until after you give birth to be on the safer side.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 2:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I read in a pregnancy magazine that the doctor suggests waiting until the second and third trimester before getting your hair done.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Oh, and beware that your hair color may not come out the way that you want it to when you are pregnant. Your whole body chemistry changes, and your hair will take differently to the dye. I went in for highlights, and they came out like....like this white/silver.....it looked terrible, and they had to use massive amounts of toner to get it to even look half way decent.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• no nothing wrong with it at all.. just think of all the pregnant women that are hairstylists and are around all day everyday. your fine
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• i died my hair the first trimester and in the second... my dr said its fine.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:29 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Highlighting is fine anytime, as long as you can handle the smells in the salon. It is recommended, though, that you wait until your second trimester to get your hair dyed (all over). The difference is that the highlights start away from the scalp, so the color never actually touches your skin, but the dye is put clear to the scalp.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 3:54 PM on Dec. 17, 2008