Curious

I have been a stay at home mom for the better part of the last 20 years. I do my shopping/errand running 1 maybe 2 days out of the month, and stay busy at home the rest of the time with housework, kids, and crochet. I also can jelly/jam, make my own laundry soap, raise chickens and always am looking for other ways to save money. I could stay right here on my property for indefinite periods of time as long as we are stocked up on groceries and household goods. My hubby had to take disability 3 years ago and is home with me now. He always wants to go visit friends here in town, just to get out of the house. He doesn't understand that I don't have to run around in order not to be bored, but he gets cabin fever. Am I an odd breed by preferring to stay at home or are there others like me who can stay busy and happy for long periods of time without having to be out and about?

kustomkrochet

Asked by kustomkrochet at 10:35 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• no thats normal. my hubby does the same thing. he was laid off work for afew weeks and it drove him nuts. he was so used to getting up at a certain hour and leaving for work. once you get used to one life style it's hard to change. just like your used to staying home, he's used to going to work and being around people who have different things to talk about. hubby joined the eagles club to keep him from going crazy. maybe he should look into it? just an idea.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 10:42 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I am totally content at home. DH needs to be on-the-go and busy all of the time! Even if he has no purpose or destination, he still needs to get out of the house.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:46 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• No. I do like to get out of the house more than you, but I like to be out quickly and right back to the house. As in, go to the bank, pick up the mail, get gas, come home. My LP will like to go sit at someone's house for half the day, then go to his mothers for another couple hours, then go run errands and come home, and I hate it, especially when we are dragging 3 kids along (one being a month old and two of them in diapers). I like being home.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:57 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• there have been a few days this summer that I haven't even stepped outside the house. I usually like to get out once in awhile but I'm content to stay at home for the most part. DH would stay home too if he could. Neither of us like to go to other people's houses.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 11:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I love my home and am happy right here. I can always entertain myself here at home with various things, reading, sewing, crochet, knit, other crafts, my dogs, pool, gardening, etc etc.......I don't think you're abnormal at all. Guys don't like crafts so...I think they get bored faster. My DH went to visit a buddy for 5hrs Sunday afternoon....he just needed to get out for awhile. Other than that....he stayed busy his entire vacation around home doing this or that, projects.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 12:55 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• i have to gto out sometimes with my kids ofcourse
    WHITELIGHTJENNY

Answer by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 8:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2011