Do you have this problem?

no matter what you make for dinner someone always makes rude comments on it? and whats worse it's your roommate who is staying for free that does all the complaining?

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 10:35 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Food & Drink

• OHOHOHOH,,, that would be a huge problem for me. You have a houseguest that you are kind enough to allow to live with you for nothing and they complain about the FREE FOOD you are also giving them. Nah, wouldn't work for me.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:37 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• No, but I would be telling that roommate not to bite the hand that feeds them.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:37 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I would no longer be cooking for them. My children know better!!!
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 10:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Tell him that he can eat it or go hungry.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Don't cook for the complainer. Bet he really complains then!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 10:49 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Around year 5 or 6 with my LP, he complained for the last time. He used to tell me every meal "This would be better with/without..." in addition to picking through it as if to inspect it for edibility. When I had enough of his mouth, I picked up his plate, dumped it in the trash, and sat back down to my meal. I'm not a bad cook, he is old enough to cook himself a meal if he finds mine to be unacceptable, but don't insult my food.

Now, 8 or 9 years later, he will pick on me if I REALLY botch something, but that's only a couple times a year, not every meal.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:50 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Years ago. DH's friend came and stayed with us while he was looking for his own place he would say stuff like that. I turned around one day and said you don't like it you can start cooking your own food. He shut up quick. Sadly he compliments my cooking more than his wife's cooking.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 10:54 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• No, if you don't like what I make you can find your own dinner. Your unappreciative house guest would find himself without a place to stay with that attitude in my home.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:55 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I'd tell him beggars cant be choosers & to go eat at McDonalds.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 9:27 AM on Jul. 13, 2011