Do you have a problem with loyalty? (ie: your husband favoring HIS kids over you?)

3kidsatonce

Asked by 3kidsatonce at 2:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• Yes, but that comes with marrying a man with baggage. Those are his flesh and blood children and even though you are his wife, he can divorce you, he can't divorce his children. They are his responsibility til they are 18. You need to support him with his children and not make him feel guilty for being a good dad. There are too many dead beat dads in this world. I am in the situation currently and I can tell you, if you fight over it, you will always lose.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• It isn't about loyalty, it's about responsibility.
    goinginsane1

• My fiance does not put his children before me...we all are first...
    Anonymous

• not at all when it comes to the kids. he has his and I have mine, and I EXPECT that he shows more loyalty to HIS kids than to me or my own.
    moniquesand

Answer by moniquesand at 2:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• My husband and I both have children however we married with concepts that we both agreed with and in alignment with our religion. Concepts we feel make our marriage strong thus making our family strong. It's Spouse First, Children Second and all other family third. If you truly abide by this concept it's a win for all. Our children are OUR top priority however our marriage MUST come first in order to keep our home happy and in order providing a stable environement for our kids. It's a healthy concept!

I think this link is VERY helpful. We enjoyed reading the "Foundations of Marriage" http://www.weddingministrybydesign.com/marriage101/forsakingallothers.html
    Momma_Davis

Answer by Momma_Davis at 2:45 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I guess I am selfish, but I like having him to myself. Sometimes I wish he didn't have the "baggage" but I brought a daughter into this marriage too. I do have a problem with him acting like his kids are angels. We have 2 girls together & we only see his kids every few months & he'll say things like "my girls wouldn't have done that " or "my girls know better than to do that" I just want to say how do you know you never see them
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 3:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• He misses his daughters and is dealing with it the best he can. Exes are biatches and some dads get a bum wrap. Not that it is ok what he says to the others, cause you can't compare. Each is their own individual. No one is perfect and divorce sucks. I was a stepdaughter and now a stepmother. It isn't easy, but I think you should be more understanding of your man with his daughters. There should not be any jealousy at all. He loves you just as much as them, just in a different way. Show some maturity on your part and give him the benefit of the doubt. What if you only saw your kids every few months? You'd be heartbroken. Why should it be any different for a man? You are all parents alike.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 5:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• His children should come before you. What kind of a person would want a man who puts a woman before his kids?
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2008