Is this not a site for advice???

Why do some of us tend to bash others when presented with a scenario we do not approve of? If you can't give advice on a scenario because the scenario disturbs you, why not move on instead of bash the op?

Asked by older at 11:14 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in About CafeMom

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I completely agree.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 11:16 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Yes,among other things
    I feel it also falls under the idea of asking questions and thinking everyone does what you do,or would be cool with what you do,and finding out that because of the WIDE age gap between us all,we all have different ideas of right and wrong.
    Maybe if they get "bashed" they might step away and say "hey,maybe what I'm doing IS wrong"
    I'm getting disgusted by this idea of letting everyone just live their lives in a hedonistic way and we're all suppose to turn our heads away and pretend we don't see it. There's no personal responsibility anymore!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:20 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Well, I try hard to do as you say, but when the asker is clearly rationalizing behavior that is self-destructive or considering making a very poor choice, it's hard to be completely objective.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:18 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• As for advice and you will get my response. Doesn't mean you have to like it.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:18 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I will bash you if you are harming children. If you are cheating and have a family you are harming children.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:21 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I think sometimes people think that disagreeing is bashing. I personally (that I can recall) have not bashed. I have however disagreed.

Advice is not always positive and comforting. Sometimes it can be a little hard to take.
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 11:23 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I have a cape coming soon. Custom made.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:42 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• some people just like to complain. sometimes the questions aren't worded right and they take affenece to it. i know i do that alot with my questions.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 11:18 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Wow pookiekins34 is very determined today. Go get'em girl. Want a cape? I am sure I can find one in the dress up box.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 11:31 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• hehe Pookie, what a good sport!!
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2011