I need help I have a racest husband and I think it is getting into my dd even though he doesn't say stuff in front of her. No bashing please.

My husband is racest even though he does have a couple black friends, he doesn't like them. He says that our girls better not ever bring a black boyfriend home. I told him he couldn't do that the more he did that the more he would push them to do it. He said he would disown them if they would. He doesn't even want them to have a black friend at the house. He doesn't trust them he says. I mean I am not racest, but I would like for her to stay with her own race, but I can't make her either. I mean if god brings a black guy to hewr and he treats her good that is all that matters to me to be honest. He said stuff around her in front of me when she was 2, but since hasn't cause I told her I didn't want her hearing that stuff. So he did respect me enough not to say it anymore in front of her. She is 6 now and like I will watch family fued and she will say I want the other team to win I don't want the black people to win. Or like the one day she wanted to watch tv the chanel she normally watches had family matters she was like mom um whats wrong with this I was like what? She said they are all black and said she didn't want to watch it. Then even though dh is racest we did have a black guy marry us. My dd was looking at those pictures the other day and pointed and was like you had a black guy marry you. So I kinda got upset and told her that was very rude and she needed to stop and it wasn't nice. How do I get her out of this? I don't know if it is because over the school year (first year), there was a black girl that got suspended off the bus for a while because she choked my dd for no reason at all or because of dh please help I don't want my dd to be this way. Sorry so long

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• or I don't k now if it is because we have a 3 year old and had her in preschool last year and found out her last day of school she was the only white kid in that school so I wanted to switch her schools so that she is with other white kids or what but no bashing please help.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• popcorn

pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:20 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• thanks for the help....I am seriously not racest, but I need to find away to talk to my 6 year old about it because I donot want her to be like her dad.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• my daughter was going to a school that had only three white kids in the entire building. and they went up to sixth grade. she got bullied by them and so forth. now she in a nicely mixed school that added chinese along with mexicans. she might grow out of it like my daughter did. have you had a heart to heart about different races with her? give it a try. it might help. but you know, she probably picked it up from school. it seems like everyone is a little racest about something. next year talk to the principal and teachers. see if that helps.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• OMG...this post is just so wrong on so many levels. Just for future reference, it's racist.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 2:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I swear it isn't racest I was just asking a simple question. Cause I DON"T want my dd to be the way her dad is
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I don't know what to tell you. My husband it a little racist also. He never saids anything in front of my kids any way. I don't think your being racist.
    JeremiahJackson

Answer by JeremiahJackson at 8:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Maybe you should talk to her about different races. Like seriously talk to her. Maybe your husband is saying things around her when you're not around. You have to break the cycle. She is 6 so she is still young and you can still change her thinking! Sn: your husband is pathetic and has alot of growing up to do
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 8:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• kyheavensmom

The thing is I am always around because I don't work I don't drive so I am always around so I know he doesn't say anything.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• his whole family is that way
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2011