Grateful sayings or a pharse for men who are working outside in this heat???

My husband is a Union Pipefitter. Todays expected heatindex where we live is 117degrees. He is curently in a 4x2 crawl space with no air conditioning for ten hours, welding. But does he complain? Nope;) I realize he is NOT the only one out there enduring this heat to provide for his family. Iwanted to make a nice face book status. But I wanted to try to include all men working outside.
I feel like these guys get a bad rep. When my husband was working at a hospital, doctors would give them dirty looks as they walked by. But without him and men like him that do "the dirty work" those docs wouldn't have a hospital to treat people in, those oxygen lines run to every floor, yeah he put those there.
I could go on and on, but really I want to include all of them and say, Appreciate your (insert type of work here) on these extra hot days, without them we wouldn't have(blank) and then add a few more. IDEAS? Ive searched the net and found nothing :( THANK YOU LADIES

madsmom314

Asked by madsmom314 at 11:21 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I don't have any ideas, but a big thank you to your hubby for the work that he does (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:22 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My dad and hubby both get looked down on by those who consider themselves superior because they don't work in the heat when, if not for people like them, the machines and cars and so many other things they need would not work. I wish I was better at stringing together words but what I usually tell them is we appreciate what they do more than they will ever know.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My fiance is an engineer for the Army and he's out in the heat sometimes all day long. I send him txts as reminders to stay hydrated and to take breaks as much as possible indoors where there is AC. Also, just letting him know that all his hard work in conditions like this isn't going unnoticed by you. Little things like that can give him enough energy to keep going until he gets home. Oh, and a nice cold drink or beer waiting for him when he comes home might not hurt either ;-)
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• This is what I came up with. I had to make it a "note" because it ws too long lol

Heat Advisory..... don't let your kids out, bring in the dog, But what about that guy 200ft in the air on a black top roof???

My Huzzie is a Union Pipefitter. Todays expected heat index is 117 degrees. He is currently in a 4x2 crawl space with no air conditioning for ten hours, welding. But does he complain? Nope;)

I realize he is NOT the only one out there enduring this heat to provide for his family.... I feel like these guys get a bad rep. Lets give a BIG thanks to ALL the guys working outside in this, without which you wouldn't of had a road to drive on to work this am. You wouldn't have airconditiong in your office HELL- you wouldn't even have an office! And the list goes on and on! Drink plenty of water and THANK YOU BOYS!!! You don't get the appreciation you deserve, especially on days like this! :)

madsmom314

Comment by madsmom314 (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• my dh works on roofs in the heat and sometimes I feel like putting for a status that "I feel guilty for being inside while hubby works and sweats to earn the bread and butter"
    It is true I feel guilty for not being as hard of worker as him and risking heat exhaustion just so I can stay home and have it easier then him...but that is just my over sensitive nature I guess
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Beer is already on ice;) lol
    madsmom314

Comment by madsmom314 (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My DH works about half of his days out in the blazing hot sun down here...in his clothes, plus a full Nomex suit,(it's all they can take) which is fireproof and not breathable. He says he feels like he is cooking inside it, slowly.
    I worry about him having a heat stroke so much of my day and I'm relieved when it's time for him to just drive in the comfort of a/c. I am constantly reminding him to keep water/gatorades in his fridge BUT do not drink them down them ice cold or fast...just sip slowly when thirsty. A man died last year from guzzling ice water when he was over-heated and I've been scared about that ever since. Too close to home.
    THANK YOU TO ALL OUR HARD-WORKING MEN who work their butts to the bone in this horrible heat !! I really feel for them...that's giving your all for your family! IMO
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 12:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• thats very hot for him tell him i think hes awesome
    WHITELIGHTJENNY

Answer by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 8:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2011