Wet pants

If your child wets their pants at school do you want the teacher/school personnel to change the child or do you want to be called to do it yourself? This would be for younger children PK-K who have trouble dressing/undressing themselves.

CometGirl

Asked by CometGirl at 11:32 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would prefer to do it myself.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 4:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• You may not have a choice. The preschool I taught at did not allow the teachers to change the children - we HAD to call a parent in to do so.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• the preschool i sent mine to, the kids had to do it themselves.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 11:36 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Our preschool requires the parents to keep a change of clothes at the school. When accidents happen, the child changes themselves. Not sure what ages we are talking about? DD started being able to dress herself at 2... but if it's an issue for your pre-K or Kindergartner, then I would be sure to only dress them in clothes they can manage themselves - think elastic waist pants and velcro shoes.
    Mom2Just1Kiddo

Answer by Mom2Just1Kiddo at 11:43 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Our daughter will be going to a private preschool where I know her teacher personally. If it was any other way, I would definitely feel more comfortable doing it myself.
    MommyofTwo331

Answer by MommyofTwo331 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I always make sure my kids are fully trained by 3... I have never had an issue with this with all 3 out of 5 that are in school, but IF Id did, I would let them do it
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:16 AM on Jul. 13, 2011