Ho loose weight after baby is born?

Ok so I know there is no way I am going to be able to loose all of this weight after baby is born unless I do something. I haven't ever been how much I am now. Actually I haven't ever been over 120 until I had kids. I am 29 years old. My first dd I was 120 before pregnancy and by the time I delivered her I was 185. I lost all of the weight, but 18 pounds (which brought me to 138 pounds). She is 6 now. I found out I was pregnant again a couple days after her 2nd birthday. I was 138 byt the time I had this one I was 181. I lost all of that weight with her so I went back down to 138. She is 3 and a half now. I am pregnant with another baby and I was 138 and now I am already up to 205 and still have 4 more weeks to go. I was going in every 2 weeks and was gaining 5 pounds every 2 weeks. I go as of this thursday weekly, but I don't know why I am gaining so much I don't eat all that much and don't have gestational diabeties or anything but I am gaining all of this weight. So I know I am not going to be able to loose it all unless I do something about it. But the thing is I haven't ever had to watch what I ate so that is extreamly hard for me. I plan on nursing if all works out. I tired with the other 2, but it didn't work out with them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Go to Zumba if it is offered in your area! It is a super fun workout that doesn't feel like a workout! I love it!!
    meabellas_mommy

Answer by meabellas_mommy at 1:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• stay active. don't become one of those, "my baby's fifteen and i just can't lose the pregnancy weight!" moms.
    MsSelfDestruct

Answer by MsSelfDestruct at 2:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• You're probably gaining a lot of water weight. I gained 60llbs with my first and 45 with my second. Yes, nursing helps. I cannot stress how beneficial it is to stick with it through the tough time (usually about the first month or so). I struggled with my first but then we fell into a rhythm around 3 months. I missed that with my second because she weaned herself after 4 months.
    Back to weight loss, I lost around 20 lbs a couple weeks after birth from water loss, then with nursing the weight slowly melted off. Another thing to keep in mind is using a front carrier with the baby whenever possible, doing the housework, taking walks, etc.. The babies tend to love it, being so close, and it's just added weight to move around which means more calories burned.
    e_room_steph

Answer by e_room_steph at 8:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2011