Potty training

Should it be the public school's responsibility to potty train children? A few children in my child's preschool class were not yet potty trained and it was the teaher and room aides duty to potty train those children.

CometGirl

Asked by CometGirl at 11:36 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• they should not be going if they aren't potty trained, IMO. That should happen before kids are allowed to go. Teachers have enough on thier plates already.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 11:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• It takes a village. I say this because while some of that is from lazy parents, some if those kids have genuine developmental problems. I have a SD3(almost 4) that we have potty trained repeatedly. Every time her mother comes to visit we have to start all over! By law I can't keep her from her mother. We do have her in therapy and we have a lawyer... The problem is these issues don't get resolved in overnight! It is going to take years according to the psych. She will be well into school age by then. That being said, is it fair to this little girl that she gets kicked out of school for the symptom of the trauma she has allready been through? She needs compassionate people that want to help her and if you take a job working with children you should feel that way about it. It's not that we aren't trying to potty train her! We've done it 4 times allready!
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 12:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2011