How long did your first period last after you had your baby?

My period has lasted 12 days now and I was just wondering if this is normal. Before I got pregnant they always lasted 7 days.

Asked by fergie92 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mine actually lasted ten days which is a record for me. i never had a regular period before my kids.

Answer by noel1978 at 11:38 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I think mine was about 7 days, and it's normally 3-5 days..but that was 3 years ago..I'll come back and let ya know when I get my period this time, which, just guessing should be any time now. I just remember how miserable I was.

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 11:41 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• absoutely your body is readjusting. it may be weeks of having a period. it will get better.
    good luck

Answer by Sillylins at 11:43 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• mine were 8 days before having kids, with cramps and every 28 days to the day. When I had my first it went from 5 days, cramps and every 28 days to the day. After my second was born it was every 4 days, no cramps, and anywhere from 21-31 days. So after having this baby (in 4 more weeks) we will see how my period is when it comes.

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I had my first period 6 weeks after I delivered and it lasted for 6 long, messy weeks. I usually have a 3-4 day period (which is back to normal now).

Answer by Kari727 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• i bled off and on everyday the first 6 weeks after i had my baby and have yet to have a period yet... and he is 3 months old now

Answer by ahsot1230 at 12:51 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I didn't get my first period until my daughter was 11 months and it lasted the normal 7 days... haven't had another one yet.

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• wouldnt know i went on birth control as soon as the 6 weeks were over

Answer by mcr17 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• depends is this the blood still coming from the birth because it is normal to bleed after birth for the first week. Then after that your period should show up so your body can get back to normal. Mine lasted about 3 weeks afiter my second son's birth. My oldest sons birth my period was about 2 weeks long. your body is trying to regulate after giving birth so it takes awhile.

Answer by at 2:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• You're body is just trying to re-adjust. If it becomes worrisome to you, call your doc. I don't remember how long mine were, but I know that it was heavier than normal.

Answer by brit0813 at 2:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2011