Have you or would you send your kids to a year-round school?

I guess it would be more convenient for working parents (like me), and I know they get longer breaks during the school year but man as a kid I'd be bummed if I didn't get the long summer break like everyone else!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We homeschool year round. We take the month of June off for "summer break" and only have school M-Th during the rest of the year. It works great for us. We don't spend months at the start of the school year reviewing because there wasn't so much summer brain drain.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:42 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Yes, I would send my kids to a year round school. I think there's less chance they would forget what they've learned over a long summer. Yes it would suck for them to not have a long summer, but I'm okay with that. I'd alos like to send my kids to a school that wears uniforms.
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 11:42 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I would....
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I always hated such long summer break. I always got bored over the summer once camps were out or if we didn't have anything planned.I would send my kids to year round school in a heartbeat, for more than just the boredom reason, of course :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 11:43 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I think I would (DD is only three so just started preschool, which is year round).
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• From pre-k to 9th grade I went to a year round school and I LOVED it! I would but most likely I will be homeschooling my children.

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 11:59 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I'd love to send my kids to a year-round school. Unfortunately, they don't offer it here.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 12:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• It's not offered anywhere around here. But I actually enjoy the break from the school routine.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I sure would! Since my eldest daughter has ADHD, she's better behaved and more focused when school is in session and we have more of a routine. Due to mine and my husband's work schedule's, I sit down in May and schedule out the entire summer (June-August) for all doc/dentist appts, events for her Boys & Girls Club, all the back to school stuff, work/babysitter schedules etc. It is a logistical nightmare!
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 12:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I would. Some friends of ours homeschool and their schedule is great - they have a nice Christmas break, and in the spring & fall when the weather is great they have a long break - they have school in the hottest of summer when it's nicer to sit in the house in the a/c (our school has a/c).
    Anonymous