Ceiling fan

We looked at a house the other day that had a ceiling fan in the garage. Do you have one there? Is this common? I'd never seen it before.

CometGirl

Asked by CometGirl at 11:52 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We don't park in our attached garage. I didn't want the mess that close to my house or the fumes from the car.
    We use ours as toy storage, treadmill, etc.
    I would love to put a ceiling fan in my garage.
    mrsderekjeter

Answer by mrsderekjeter at 2:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• It must do something unless the owners just had an extra one on a shelf and installed it. Don't think it could hurt anything except maybe the electric bill.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:54 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Lol I've never heard of that.....I guess it could be useful for fumes or something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I have seen it before. I am sure it is helpful in the summer time. I live in south Florida so I know how hot a garage can get!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:54 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• No we do not have one their. Kind of strange!

Answer by louise2 at 12:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• nope but i can fully understand! my grandfather had one of those powerful floor fans in his garage. i have a friend who has three in his. but it also depends on how much time the person spent out there. my grandfather had his shop out there, and so does my friend. garages get really hot when you have to deal with motors.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 12:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I haven't seen that, and it gets pretty hot in the summer in my part of California. Maybe the previous owner liked to do some kind of work in the garage and needed a little extra cooling. I wouldn't let it deter me from a home that I liked, I just wouldn't likely ever turn the thing on. But then, the only time I'm in my garage is to get in or out of my car. LOL
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I doubt a garage is built standard with a ceiling fan in it ,lol....but, I'm sure the owners must have spent time in there or something and needed some circulation. We have one on our front porch (an outdoor ceiling fan) but for garage we have a small industrial type for when DH works at workbench.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 1:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Bet it was used for a work shop more than car storage.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• No, I don't have a ceiling fan in my garage. Maybe they used it as a work studio or something.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 4:21 PM on Jul. 12, 2011