An answer on here reminded me of something. What is the strangest neighbor complaint you've heard of?

We had a family buy a house in town. It was kind of run down,and they were fixing it up. The 2nd floor had these HUGE floor to ceiling windows. They figured since they were re-shingling the house and planned on replacing the windows from the 30's,that they'd put in ones that were half the size. The biggest reason they wanted to do this was because they had an autistic son and they were afraid he'd bang on the window,smash it and fall out.
The neighbor got everyone all riled up in the neighborhood about keeping up the "historical look" to this house and filed numerous complaints against these folks. He even took it to the city council.
So all this time that the house was sitting there looking like shit and falling into disrepair,he had no problem with it,but when this couple wants to put in new windows,he has a problem?!
PS,the couple won that case.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 11:53 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• You would not even believe how Off the Wall my Whole Cul-de-sac of neighbors were- it is funny now but, it wasn't then- i felt like a prisoner in my own home! it got So Bad we had to get a No Contact Order on All of them-NO Joke! when we first moved in we had a landscaper come to do the yard- Can you believe that one of the next door neighbors actually came outside with her PLOT PLAN to make sure he wasn't planting flowers in her yard?! They told us we shouldn't have moved in w/ teenagers b/c all of their kids were in Elementary School & would get SO Mad if any of their friends parked in the cul-de-sac & called the police 17 times- it was a Public Street.. when we had two Palm Trees planted in our yard; the Home Owners Association Demanded we remove them! we had to get a lawyer over it! but, we Won:) LOL.. there was So Much More!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 2:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I haven't had a bad neighbor problem like that, but I say KUDOS to that family for winning!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:55 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• i had three of them. on neighbor insisted on turning his radio full blast at midnight and walking up my two year old. another was that their kids would walk through our open backyard and knock my clean clothes off the lines, the third was everyone thought my kids' toys were better than theirs. they even tried to steal their bikes, but we got them back because of what daddy did to them.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Sometimes there is no understand of how people think. I'm glad the couple won their case.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• who ever filed the complaint obviously has no life.
    GypsyMoon605

Answer by GypsyMoon605 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• In the basement?! nice.....
    My nieghtbors are always complaining about one thing or another. Nothing like that though.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 12:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Your neighbor sounds interesting.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My neighbors are so awful. They got divorced a couple years ago and the mom stayed with her teenage kids who have no respect. They throw cigarette butts in my yard, let their friends drive through my yard, steal, my lawn flamingos, let their vicious dogs run all over the neighborhood, dig under the fence in my back yard and the dogs get in. I have had to call the police because of noise and SPCA because of the dogs, one of which had tried to attack me. They have loud fights in the driveway. They are just horrible. We are all hoping their house is foreclosed on and they leave.

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 12:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• We complained about a neighbor(apartment complex) son(who is 18) being very loud at 3 am....she then proceeded to tell the office that it wasn't him making the noise but US..lol... don't think the office was fooled by that one. They have had multiple complaints against them from before we moved in, the women just doesn't want to deal with it.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• When we lived in a condo community, someone complained when we left our bike on the patio for literally maybe an hour. We actually even got a ticket. SERIOUSLY? It's against HOA rules to have anything visible on the patio, and we knew this, BUT WTF we owned the place and it wasn't there very long at all, and it was the first time it was ever there.
    Anonymous