How often are you up and about before your child(ren)??

My DD is 18 mos & is always up before me! But not today!!! I woke up a half hour before she did! Did I use that time productively, you bet your butt I didn't!! lol I should've done the dishes from last night or something because it was only 2 plates & 3 bowls & 1 fork 5 spoons lol, oh well, I'll get to them when she takes a nap!!

something_

Asked by something_ at 12:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• Almost never. I don't usually go to bed until 1-2am (I only ever get to do things I want after everyone is in bed so I have to stay up late). The kids wake up around 6am. The baby wakes between 7-8am. I usually get up around 9am.
    My kids are all capable of getting up on their own, getting their own breakfast and taking care of the baby which they happily do every morning. That's their "kid" time together. They basically wait by the door to hear the baby fuss then rush in to grab him. They feed him, change him and play with him until I wake up (he'll be 1 on Thur and they've been doing this since he was like 6 or 7 months old).
    Getting up before them is impossible. As soon as they hear anyone up they get up, too. I'd rather just sleep in.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• almost everyday.. Im up it just takes me a little to get to the about part lol
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Rarely! I think my daughter and I are psychically connected - the minute I open my eyes she's bounding into my room and jumping on my bed (regardless of the time I wake up at) LOL.
    DeliberateMom

Answer by DeliberateMom at 12:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• rolling on floor Nope, no way in hell. I would MUCH rather be going to bed as the sun came up. BOTH of my kids are up with the sun every morning. I HATE mornings. Who needs an alarm clock when you've got a REALLY loud 4 year old that gets up at 6am, no matter when she goes to bed?

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• It is SUPER rare. they wake at the butt crack of dawn when I go to bed around 3am from working. My oldest usually wakes me with a quick, solid pounce to the face. They sleep in my bed, with me, so they can't get into much trouble in the two seconds it takes for him to wake me. On the days that I get up before them, I do a ninja crawl out of the bedroom, always waking them with my tip toeing.
    mimanchibella

Answer by mimanchibella at 1:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I am up before her at least five days a week (M-F because I get up early for work) but sometimes on the weekends I wake up before her as well.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Every single day.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Almost every day. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I wake up about 2 hours before my boys every day, clean the house, get ready for work then get them up and out the door.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• it depends on if i need the truck. during the summer the kids wake up five minutes before me, during school i'm up first. lol
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2011