STRESSED AND PISSED OFF.*VENT

My fiance had a job. Began to really hate his job. He hated being away from home so much and didn't like the way the company was ran. Eventually he gets fed up. He calls the temp agency to see if they have any jobs for him. They have 2 options at the time. My fiance goes ahead and gives current job his 2 weeks. This company doesn't let you work your two weeks apparently so for the time being he is jobless. The 2 job options he had are taking forever let people know if they have jobs or not. He has a job but they won't let him start til the 19th. At that point we'll be going more than a month without any income from him....his checks pay rent, car payment, half of daycare, and half of food. We have enough in savings to cover rent and car payment. My checks cover everything else.

I get really stressed about money...to the point of panic attacks. I'm really pissed at him for quitting his job before there was an ABSOLUTE gaurantee he had another one lined that he could start ASAP.
We've never been late on rent or car or daycare and I don't want to start now! I take alot of pride in paying my bills on time every month.

Anyone else having money problems because someone in the family was ony thinking about themselves?

CollinsMommy729

Asked by CollinsMommy729 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Hugs to you mama! Good luck and you are 100% right in being pissed.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• We are having money problems because of the economy in general. Most of us take pride in paying all our bills on time, but unfortunately that can't always happen. Hopefully he will find a job soon so you can quit being so stressed.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Can he watch your child while he's not working, and save on day care?
    Anonymous

• Sometimes you may need to pick your battles. We all want to pay our bills on time, but life doesn't always permit that. We don't pay everything the exact days it's due, but everything is still paid every month, Nd never past due. We have no consequences for it either.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Our son just started this daycare(in home) about 2 months ago. Before that my mom watched him. He really loves it and so do I (something I never thought would happen). I don't want to lose his spot at the daycare or get him out of routine and security. That is a good idea though.
    Oh I forgot to add that we were going to move somewhere cheaper but decided against it. I told the other place we wouldn't need it....2 days later we get a notice on our door that rent is going up...85 dollars. Isn't that fantastic??
    CollinsMommy729

Comment by CollinsMommy729 (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I have the SAME problem right now only my DH quit his job 2 years ago to work for himself, and it's not working we're drowning all the time everything is late, and it's horrible, anyway I work full time and my pay check for 2 weeks is about the same as what he would make in 2 days.........Right now he takes care of kids while I work, and works when I'm home, and anyway I would like for him to get a job and I can stay home....Oh I should mention that we have tried everything up and down each way to find a daycare/babysitter and NO LUCK.....so this is the way it is right now, and he just keeps wanting to make his "business work" HELLO It's NOT working....I'm sorry to hear of your troubles, and I would be sooooo mad as you are right now if I were in your shoes!! GOOD LUCK HUGS MOMMA
    3angels23

Answer by 3angels23 at 12:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• memememememe! My husband got hired in Alaska making about 90grand a year working on the slope and he quit after a week because he couldn't handle it!!!!! We're expecting a baby next WEEK and he doesn't have another job lined up. We're staying at my mom's and have a little bit of money because he gets a little disability money and VA money for going to school but that is all me him and our son are living off of. Can you imagine some of the expensive baby stuff I bought because I was expecting a huge check???
    noteven1nce

Answer by noteven1nce at 2:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• i know the feeling. dh quit working a few years ago, right after we blew all our income tax money.....then this year, he's been unemployed since feb, we are on pa, he didnt file for unemployment for months, and then didnt stick to it to even get 1 check. he crashed his truck, didnt have insurance at the time, owes the guy like $900, had to sell the truck to pay rent, still lost our place....the fun just keeps coming. good luck!!!
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• :( I'm sorry for all you ladies having to go thru this too. Some worse off than I am. I should count my blessings! Thanks for the good wishes and I hope the best for you all too! These are definitely tough times...I hope relief comes to all of us soon!
    CollinsMommy729

Comment by CollinsMommy729 (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2011