Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i call cps on these ppl?

well the parents are selfish they smoke pot around theyre children the mom is extremely messy. they just had 4 more adults move into theyre house so theyre little girls have sleep on the filthy floor in the parents room. they have bed bugs and they oonly feed the kids junk food thats it! the 4 year old is not potty trained.oh and the mom is pregnant! they have rats ewww!


Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (16)
  • You don't need proof of anything to get a courtesy CPS visit...I'd report it and they can get the proof when they go visit. Your not the detective!

    Answer by britni11 at 12:24 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

  • Being that I work for juvenile court and work with dependency cases all day long, YES YOU NEED TO REPORT THOSE PEOPLE IMMEDIATELY!!!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

  • Do you have proof of this? Or is this just hear say? If you have proof and seen this with your own eyes then Yes I would say a visit from children's protective services may be in order. Just be sure of these aligations.............

    Answer by mistynights234 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

  • I agree with mistynights. You need proof and if so, report it.

    Answer by babycakes254 at 2:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

  • if you hve proof that they smoke pot then go tell CPS.. but as far as who is living with them and the food the eat thats not really abuse....

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

  • I agree with Misty. Just make sure everything is true and than definitly report it!

    Answer by Kenzies_momma at 2:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

  • well even if you dont have proof isnt cps gonna check on all that anyway??
    maybe make a anonymous letter and tape it to thier door saying if they dont get thier crap in order, someone is going to call cps. i wouldnt go as far as calling someone when ppl can clean up thier ways after a threatening letter!
    if you still see everything going on, do it then

    Answer by americansugar80 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

  • You do not need proof to call social services and make a concern report. Any one can call if they even SUSPECT that abuse or neglect is going on. All reports remain anonymous and the parents will not be given the name of the person who called. An intake worker who takes down the information will pass it on to a supervisor who in turn will make a decision if there is enough information to actually go out to the home. It is not the job of of any community member to actually investigate the situation. It is the job of social services to determine if the concern is accurate.

    Answer by frogdawg at 2:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

  • If this is true then it shouldn't even be in question...ask yourself..would you want your child living like this?

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

  • and yeah i have seen them smoke pot in the same room as the kids i turned and walked right out the door!

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2008