An old friend from elementary school just contacted me on facebook.

She really wasn't a good friend to me cause she'd steal and basically took advantage and called me names behind my back. We had a falling out because of it in middle school. I was tired of being used by her.

So far she's only talked about my kids and her kids, but I'm kinda leery about talking to her becuase of how she was as a friend to me when I was younger. Time can probably change people I'm sure. So should I give her a chance or just move on and forget it?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 12:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• I would give her a chance. I am not the same person I was in elementary and middle school. Just be cautious.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I bet she only sent the invite to be nosy. I wouldn't give her another thought.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I would just be careful what you trust her with for a while. Im sure we are all (or I hope) different than we were in middle school.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Go ahead and "friend" her. That's the beauty of FB, if you don't want to be in contact iwht her anymore "unfriend" her.
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 12:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I'd give her a chance, just use caution! Some people grow up and change, others just get older but never learn a darn thing. GL
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I'd give her a chance.

We recently moved to a small town just outside a town an old friend from 1-3rd grade lives in.(we both moved to small towns before middle school, and I met up with her a couple times at high school games/meets.) I contacted her on Facebook, her profile picture of a little girl... A-FREAKING-DORABLE! She added me, sent me a message about how we only live 20mi apart and should get our kids together. I was all kinds of excited until I got to nosing through her photos... there were no pictures of her.

One day, her sister added a pic of the two of them from some event that took place there the night before, and she is 10 kinds of drugged out. She's 5'7, probably pushing 110#. Her eyes are black and sunken, and her sister was the same. She keeps asking when I'm going to make it down because she doesn't have a car, and I'm running out of excuses not to go.(even though my car HAS been in the body shop for 15
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• be friends. ihave a fb friend who stopped talking to me because i would not smoke weed with her. but that was in hs. people change....
    geminilove7192

Answer by geminilove7192 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Days) she isn't who she used to be to me, and isn't someone I want influencing my children.

This old friend has probably changed too. If her life is stable, try again.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• meh, it's just facebook, and ppl do grow up.... eventually you just read status updates and move on... if there is trouble there is a handy dandy delete button
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 2:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• i would say to add them it was kindergarden.
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 2:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2011