what would you do?

for the past 3 days ive been sick, and then last night it got the worste yet. i was coughing all night and sweating a LOT have a sore throat bad headaches and my lungs are aching from coughing so much. and a few hours ago i got a fever temp of 101.8... im 33 weeks pregnant.

i havent taken anything except drinking some hot tea to help me breathe and eating cough drops. Would you call your drs office and tell them or just wait until your next appt which is on mon? i also work in 2 hrs....
would you call ur drs office and tell them ?? or no? i feel absolutely horrible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i have the same thing and im 8 weeks prego i hate it.. my doc didnt do anything for me... i would call though good luck!
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 2:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• yes call your doctor.

if you are having trouble breathing, you need to call because that could mean your baby is not getting oxygen it needs

the fever is not good either, as too high of a fever can basically cook your brain and your baby's developing brain.
    Anonymous

• call your ob he can help it sound like you are just really sick your ob will be able to give you some med
    Autumn634

Answer by Autumn634 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• i can breathe, its just from a stuffy and runny nose
    Anonymous

• you said "my lungs are aching"

that indicates trouble with breathing.
    Anonymous

• from coughing i mean, i can breathe fine, its just from coughing SOOOO much the past few days that where my lungs are (maybe its not even my lungs but my muscles) ache bad
    Anonymous

• i would just call the doc and tell them whats going on they will give something to help
    Autumn634

Answer by Autumn634 at 2:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• If the phlegm is yellow or green you may have an infection of some kind -- they can give you antibiotics while you're pregnant. If you just have a cold you should be able to take Sudafed (regular) to help with sinus pressure and Tylenol for the fever. Don't take over the recommended doses on anything. Call your doctor and make sure he approves -- or go see him to get an Rx for antibiotics if you have an infection. Good luck Momma!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 2:45 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I have been going through the same thing as you. I don't call my midwife very often, so I just took Tylenol for the migraines I was getting and cough drops for my throat. But I would give them a call. They might want you to stay home from work and rest.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 4:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I would call, just to see what they say. I hope you feel better soon!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2008