How to file for child support through the state of CA? And what good will it bring?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• I can't tell you how to do it, because it's been a few years since I did it, but I can tell you that they will garnish his wages, you will automatically get your check every month, and that if he changes jobs the state will go after him to get the money. You don't have to worry about when or if he'll bother to pay you anymore, and he can go to jail if he doesn't pay. Every year they ask you if you want to fill out paperwork to request more child support.

Good Luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• You need to go to/call the CSA, and if they can locate him and if he is working using his ss# they will garnish. There is also something called inter-state agreements, where states can withhold state and federal tax returns of another states, this includes the new spouse. I think its obvious what good it'll bring.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2011