Did anyone have a hard time after getting engaged?

I worry and second guess everything, but did anyone really question getting engaged. Please be nice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• im questioning it. its been almost 3 years... and nothing...

we do have a baby on the way, which might make it harder, but im questioning lately if he even wants to BE with me :( its heartbreaking.
    Anonymous

• no, i guess you could say i questioned myself after i gotmarried.. just becausemy life had changed soo much in one year. it was crazy. and it scared me. its completely normal i think. of course your going to question something that is going to affect your life forever. But i love my husband more than anything and he's more man that 90% of the people i read on here and i KNOW. =) its normal but don't dwell on it. if you love him and he treats you good and will be a good provider what more do you need?!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:40 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Maybe I am a jaded romantic but I seriously think if there is any question or any doubt, dont do it!! That is coming from experience of a horrible loveless six year marriage and a long drawn out divorce!
    Anonymous

• I had a hard t ime. I am getting married in 2 weeks and i found out my fiance was flirting with another girl over the internet.. on facebook. I was so upset, i went to stay at a hotel instead of staying at our house with him. I am still upset but he is a good provider, and he is a good father to our baby and that's what truly matters to me.

everyone goes through a hard time in their relationship but you have to ask yourself if it is worth it.
    00MissJade

Answer by 00MissJade at 2:45 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I think everyone is defferent. I had a hard time when I got married b/c I was pregnant and moved away from my family. I love it now! It just takes some time to "grow up" and grow WITH someone else and taking care of someone elses needs. When you are dating you really arent doing that until you are married . I had some doubts but they were meaningless to having him in my life. My grandmother always gives me the best advice and she said when my grandpa asked her to marry him after 3 months of dating she didt particularly WANT to get maried yet and she tought about it and she said she "didnt want to lose him and knew she would never meet anyone else like him!" I thought that was sweet and made sense on how I felt. They were married for 50 years! God Bless!
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 2:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I had a hard time and we fought a lot a few months after we got engaged. Everything that he did that aggravated me and didn't used to seem like a big deal when we were just dating and having fun, turned into 'I'm going to deal with this FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE????'
    jspaghetti

Answer by jspaghetti at 3:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Engagement is a time for questioning. It is healthy. Question and look and evaluate. Do it now until you feel completely satisfied, then you will be ready for marriage. After marriage the time for questioning and looking has passed and it will be time for focusing on your husband.

Answer by Bmat at 3:17 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• ithink that most women second guess their engagement. I know that i am because no it seems like we are fighting mnore and more now than we did before and when i try to bring thiongs up about the wedding he just tell me that he doesnt want to talk about it and that there is no reason for me to be looking at stuff cause we cant afford it ridght now. But when we are having good day i remember the reason why i love him and why i want to marry him so i guess what im trying to say is dont worry if you really love him everything will work out. Just give it some time its just the stress getting to both of you. So congratulations nd enjoy planning your wedding.

shellabug

Answer by shellabug at 3:40 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Follow your heart. Ask yourself if you love him. Shit be thankful you are engaged. my man and i are like "unofficially engaged".. hahaha. yeh it hurts. but of course your gonna question.. thats a BIGGG change in your life.
    HaviksMum

Answer by HaviksMum at 10:29 PM on Dec. 17, 2008