Do you give your baby tylonal or advil before they go for shots?

I am taking my two month old for his shots tomorrow and being that I have a ten year old I was curious as to if this was still recommended or not.

mylilboy00

Asked by mylilboy00 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its actually recommeneded that you DO NOT give medicine prior to shots, it interferes with them is what our pedi told us.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• yes they do i personally always wait until after the shots and give him a bath for his body to feel relaxed
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 1:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I don't think it's recommended anymore, because if they have a fever they can't get their shots because of the possibilities of being sick... But if you take his temp before and if it's not high or anything & he shows no signs of being sick, I'd say go ahead and give it to him if that's what you want to do..
    something_

Answer by something_ at 1:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I absolutely do! My doc told me it does not interfere
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 1:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Do NOT give ibuprofen (advil, motrin, generic) to a baby under 6 months old, ever.
    Anonymous

• I did, It completly helped, in the pain. But, it might be a little early to give to your child since their under 6 months. Unless their heavier in weight, like my son was.
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• The pediatrician usually gives it AFTER the shots.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Yes, my doctor told me to give them tylonol a half hour before comming for the visit. I did it with both of mine and it never hurt anything.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• No, I never did with either of my kids. My daughter got 3 shots on Friday and barely made a peep, she had no fever and shot sites don't even phase her.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 1:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• not for 2 month check ups, but for his 4month check up it is ok to give them infant Tylenol
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 2:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2011