I know large breasts can cause back, neck and shoulder pain, but can it also cause chest pain?

I've had large breasts since I was about 13, and have been very overweight since my last child was born in 2004, making my breasts even heavier. I know this is the cause of the constant pain in my back, neck, and shoulders, but in the last several years I've begun to have pain in the center of my chest, and my collarbone. Can this be breast related?

momala0824

Asked by momala0824 at 1:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Health

• I have pain like that, my doctor says it's from the boobs, that's AFTER I got sent to a heart doctor to get everything checked out.. I would say go to the doctor & they'll refer you to a specialist to see what's going on!
    something_

Answer by something_ at 1:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Of course, they are pulling on your pectoral muscles, and not to mention the intracostal muscles and cartilage. Do you have a good fitting bra, you might need to be fitted properly, it can be expensive, but worth it. Also excersise will help. Chest presses will strengthen up the muscle
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Yes I think so. I've run into that probably before as well.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2011