Baby food

what is or was your babys favorite baby food and how old were they when you started feeding them. my son is 14 weeks old and his dr said i could start cuz formula isnt filling him. he likes carrots and applesauce and loves squash so far

ahsot1230

Asked by ahsot1230 at 1:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter's favorite is sqaush, my doctor told me that i could start her on baby food when she was almost 3 months and she did absolutely wonderful with it.
    ALexismommy10

Answer by ALexismommy10 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• wow, that's way to early, from what I understand that atleast 3 or 4 months, so their tummy can process the food. I would add more formula. How much are you giving him?
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• ya way to early at 14 weeks old. My first son was 3 and half months first. and he then only had rice cereal and when he was 4months he ate applesauce. My youngest 9months old was 3months old and had rice cereal first and around 3 and half months had ban nans first. My youngest son would drink 6oz of formula every hr and half so my dr gave me the go ahead to give him just cereal first.
    Have you tried giving him more formula in his bottle, Lets say he is drinking 4oz and that is not filling him up then go ahead and bump it up to 6oz of forumala. I would wait most peds recommend waiting until baby is at least 4months old for rice cereal and can hold their head up with out support and can sit with support.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 2:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• for the people who cant do math not being mean but 14 weeks is 3 and a half months...i got used to doing weeks when i was pregnant...and i was giving him up to 50 ounces of formula a day and he wasnt getting full so his pediatrician said it was ok. he was up to 8 ounces a feeding and still hungry i went through a 24 ounce thing of formula in 4 days. and alexismommy10 im so glad someone else had that happen..my son at his last visit cuz he was so hungry he was 24 in long and 12 ibs so she said he was fine just formula wasnt cutting it now hes doing great
    ahsot1230

Comment by ahsot1230 (original poster) at 4:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I started My son on rice cereal at 4 1/2 months , and baby foods at 6 months , I started him on green beans , but his fav is banana's ,
    des11987

Answer by des11987 at 7:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2011