Confused by my husband's friend's signals

He's a really nice guy... my husband and he have a lot in common. This guy takes my husband out for lunch all the time, they play an online game together, they get along REALLY great.

But every time he has a chance to come to our house he finds a reason not to. At first I thought it was my husband, because he is this man's superior, and I thought he was nervous about socializing with a subordinate, but it's not, it's the friend.

Yesterday he was supposed to come over and help my husband put a new hard drive in the computer. He never called and never showed up. He's been invited to dinner several times and never come.

This is my husband's only friend lol. I'm always concerned about his social life and now I worry that he's going to be hurt. I'm just confused about why he would blow him off, you know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Could be the guy's just flaky, but it really is for your husband to work out. To be honest, if he's the guy's boss, he probably shouldn't pursue the friendship too much anyway.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, but maybe it would be good for you guys to join something together to socialize and make friends, or for him to join something. Good Luck
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Maybe he feels like the extra wheel and does not want to intrude on your family.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Why don't you have your husband talk to him..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• He would never dream of it. He has no interest in forcing his feelings. He would say something like "That's not what men do."
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Yeah guys dont handle things like that.. my hubby never would do that either.. curious.. what do you think is going on??
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Maybe it is a superior thing....that'd be my only guess. Here's a bump momma.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2011