i was about to divorce before i found out i was pregnangt now my husband an i are so excited about our first baby! but im afraid things will change after the baby is born! has anyone been trough that?

we were trying to have a baby for 2 years and we just couldnt, you guys think all the problems were just an unconcious frustration about not being able to conceive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Congrats! I think things do happen for a reason and your marriage has been given a second chance! Now...that being said: Whatever problems were the root of your divorce still need to be fixed though or they may resurface. If it was all frustration from not being able to conceive then obviously the problem is fixed. You and hubby need to have lots of talks and figure out what the problem really was and what you can do to keep Divorce from ever becoming a possibility again. (Hubby and I have swore to NEVER even say the word "divorce"...it's not an option.)

And...even though the baby brings you closer in so many ways, a baby can also bring up new frustrations. Money, time, etc. Just make sure you've got a game plan for handling any more marital problems. Hubby and I are dealing with $$ problems right now. It's been rocky, but we're working through it.

Hugs!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Yes!! We dont know but sometimes we tend to push feelings that are hard to deal with way way deep down . And dont realize how much we have truly oppressed them. Congrats to you!!! I just had somone walk in my office today. She is an aquatence of my boss. Well anyways her story is exactly like yours..trying to concieve , about to divorce. Thats so weird. Well just know theres someone out there just as excited as you about the exact same thing lol...CONGRATS!!!
    How far along are you?
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 3:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• thank you! well now im 17 weeks 5 days and yeah its just weird my husband went from looking at me with hating eyes to a sweet tender one everytime he looks at me! im just so happy and hopefully this is gift from God will teach us so many things.
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 3:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• congrats, and good luck. being a mother is the best and hardest job you will ever have.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 3:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Praise God ..Congrats!!!!
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• yeah praise God! i guess he does everything for a reason and he is never late!
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 3:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• P.S. Hope I didn't sound like a downer. I just know that having a baby does not save a marriage. However a BABY is a reason to SAVE a marriage!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I totally agree with Nika... it's great that this wonderful twist of fate has given your marriage a second chance! However it's also a good opportunity to work on some of the underlying problems because introducing a baby into a marriage can be a hard transition sometimes too. Marriage is always changing and evolving, as you move into parenthood together it's a good time to do some housekeeping so that you are moving in the same direction. Lots of luck with your hubby and new baby!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2008