For homeschooling moms...

I'm doing a small amount of research. So, I'm wondering - What you feel (as a HS mom) the benefits of HS are over regular PS? And I'm also wanting to know if you feel these same benefits would be, or are, possible to achieve if parents work along side a public school to achieve them?

For example: I know one thing many HS parents claim is a better education. So in that case my question would be do you feel that "better education" is possible if parents work to give their children that in addition to a PS education?

This is NOT meant to be a debate, I am looking for serious answers please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in

• bump

pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I wish my cousin was a cafemom member she could fill you in! She has 3 kids that finished 2 years early and 2 went college and the other went to bible school in Japan for a year then on to travel around the world to enjoy his youth. They were very lucky because they travelled while they learned around the world and had a very social life! They always had more friends than I did and I went to PS. I am planning to home school my boys or put them in a Charter school. The one near my home also has a home schooling program so that may work out even better.

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Both of my SILs homeschool their kids for religious reasons, so that couldn't be modified by a parent working with the schools.

Answer by missanc at 2:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• misssanc - Why couldn't religious reasons be achieved by working in addition to a school? We were taught religion in addition to what our school taught.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2011