I think there is something wrong with my kids!

Okay, not wrong like sick, but wrong as in different. I see moms on here all the time talking about how their kids want this or that toy, or they want to go here or there... My kids have never once asked to have a new toy, or seen a commercial and said "I want that" or "I wanna go there." The ONLY time they have ever asked for anything is when they are told they are going to go somewhere and they are made to wait. They don't have "favorite songs" or "favorite shows" and don't care is they have new or bigger or better... Please tell me I'm not the only one who has kids like that... They are just take it as they get it types... Are your kids like this? Or is it just mine?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 2:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• Mine must have something wrong with them too. Well wait. They do ask for the gogurt everytime they see it advertised.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• You aren't the only one that has children like that.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I think there's something wrong with your kids too ;) lol I'm JUST KIDDING!! my older two are like that, my youngest wants enough for all three of them :)
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 2:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Mine were the same, never threw a tantrum and never asked for anything, and were happy with what they had.

Answer by older at 2:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My son will say "car" when he sees them but doesn't get upset if he doesn't get it. He will also say "chicken" for every restaurant we drive past but it doesn't mean he's getting it. My daughter is 1 and doesn't talk!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 2:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Same here, ours aren't "entitled" kids.. It drives me crazy when I see a kid "tell" their Parent that they "want" something and the parent does it just to shut the kid up, or they feel the kid is "entitled" to have it... It's a scary world out there because there are more kids like that than there are like ours, and that's why we feel somethings wrong,lol....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• BTW Momma, you're doing a great job with your kids!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Well I admit to "buying" my son for a little while in his 2's for many reasons but he's still great about not getting siomething, I tend to over buy for him still but am working on it.. so at least I know who is to blame.. me
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My kids are mostly that way too. I can't ever remember any of them throwing a fit over not getting a toy or candy at the store. They do sometimes ask for things or throw something in the basket when I'm looking the other way, but they usually just smile when I put it back on the shelf and say either "maybe next time" or "nice try". I can remember my oldest being mesmerized by something at a checkout stand when she was not even two, and she looked at me and said "maybe next time" and put it back on the shelf.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I thinkit just means that your kids are appreciative of what they have. Don't worry about them.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 2:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2011