What steps do I take to ensure that my husband gets nothing out of a divorce/death.

I'm asking this because my mother is in Lebanon right now caring for my grandfather who is hospitalized and in the event of his death or even hers because they are in somewhat of a war zone, I want to protect my large inheritance from my husband. Things are a little rocky and I don't want him to divorce me and then get half. KWIM?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Post nuptial agreement.. Go to a lawyer, have one drawn up.. Have it notarized.. And in some states (even if it's not a requirement it's a wise thing to do.. mine is as well) you must have it signed off on by a judge in order for it to be considered valid and will hold up in court.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:07 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Honestly, if things are so bad that you think he would leave you, just to get some of your money. Walk. That marriage doesn't sound like it's about love anyways
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• talk to an attorney and see what they say. im sure there is a way to keep him from it, im just not sure. good luck
    GypsyMoon605

Answer by GypsyMoon605 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Hire Casey Anthony's lawyer before your dh can ;)
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 2:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• i do not envy your relationship.
    the post-nuptial agreement sounds like sound advice.
    MsSelfDestruct

Answer by MsSelfDestruct at 2:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2011