Make-up help

I am not good with "girly" things; including hair and make-up. I am getting married soon and want to look nice, but cannot afford a make over. I do have a friend willing to assist me, but I want to be prepared.

What is the best full coverage foundation? If it's spendy, do you have a less expensive alternative?

Any tips or advice for the make-up challenged?

Thanks!

MeandMyBabes

Asked by MeandMyBabes at 2:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• My favorite foundation that I've ever bought was the photo finish from revlon. It's oil free, which is good for my skin, but doesn't matter your face look shiny. There are usually revlon coupons in the newspapers, and if you go to walmart or target I think it's only 11 or $12 a bottle
    Bluebird8874

Answer by Bluebird8874 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I never buy expensive makeup, I do not have the money for it! I buy Natureluxe foundation by Covergirl and it is around $10. Maybe this friend can go shopping with you to help with picking out the right colors for you. I also like cosmetics from e.l.f. and NYC, both which are cheap and you can buy their stuff at Target! Good luck and have fun with it!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 3:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• There are so many foundations out there today, I wouldn't know where to begin to recommend a type for your skin or what you're wanting...good coverage, light feeling, matte finish?
    http://www.epinions.com/content_955424900

http://www.ehow.com/video_4410290_match-foundation-color-skin.html
    Here a couple of sites to help you know how to match your foundation. e-how is a video how-to.
    Good Luck....I hope you look beautiful on your day!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 5:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Try to find a makeup artist that gives free consultation. I'm a makeup artist and that's what I do. I try to help clients and people who aren't clients achieve the right look. I help pick out colors for them and to try and find what type of foundation is good for their skin. They could also assist you in picking out not only foundations but other things such as eyeshadows, blushes, lipsticks, and liners.
    BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• revlon colorstay is a good one and i like neutrogena for acne prone faces(yellow label) but i agree with angiebry go to target and look at the e.l.f products. u could get a lot on a budget and they have good stuff. maybe just a tinted moisturizer would be good? and u could check out you tube for videos on how to do bridal makeup for ideas. it would give you an idea what you need and you could practice before the big day. congrats!!!!
    dramaMama407

Answer by dramaMama407 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 14, 2011