What does it mean when you have dreams about labor?

I have been having dreams that Im in labor or waiting for my water to break and I dont know what they mean. If I asked mymom she would say im over acting or she didnt know!! I googled it and notthing. My boyfriend says I need to try to not to have them cuz it could mean that Im gonna go in to labor soon or it could make me!! Im only 27 weeks so I dont want to go in to labor yet!! lol But I just want to know what the dreams mean! Thanks!!!

TalinJax

Asked by TalinJax at 2:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Just your way of dealing with the anticipation of birth coming. I had lots of labor dreams with all my pregnancy and early on. Way of your brain working out things it thinks about. So it plays them in dreams.
    Anonymous

• Your dreams are your subconscious mind basically. Its your minds way of of relieving stress or working things out while you sleep. I wouldnt worry about it. I am 39 weeks with my 2nd and I've been having dreams about labor for months now. I did the same thing with my 1st. Its totally normal to have these dreams. Your excited and anxious about your baby. Sometimes your dreams just reflect your fears or your excitement. And sometimes they reflect real life. Basically you have to ask yourself how you feel. Are you afraid baby will come early? Are you just excited? Anxious? Either way everything will be fine and if you arent having any complications I doubt baby will be born early. Its totally normal :)
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2011