Stroller Dilemma

my son is 2 years old. he is 40lbs and 40 inches. he still wants to be carried everywhere. since im pregnant i can't pick him up. my question is should i get a double stroller or a single stroller?

PrncssTmmy

Asked by PrncssTmmy at 2:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would definitely invest in a double stroller. Or, at least a sit-stand stroller.
    mrsderekjeter

Answer by mrsderekjeter at 2:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• How old will he be when the baby is born? I would personally stick with the single stroller if you can. I don't own a double stroller but they look so bulky and heavy to deal with.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 2:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I love my sit n stand. My 2 yo likes to walk but when we're going any distance he gets tired and wants to ride.

Answer by missanc at 2:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• my son will be 2 years 9 months when #2 is born , i am getting a sit and stand, that has an actual seat but when you are ready for the sit and stand u take off the second seat.. he still likes to sit , so thats why i went with the double, if you ahve a babies rus or a target near you you can test them out
    jenn660

Answer by jenn660 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• my son will b turning 3 when the baby is born. and we looked at a sit n stand. i didn't think about the going long distance. that sounds good. thank you!!!
    PrncssTmmy

Comment by PrncssTmmy (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Joovy Caboose Sit and stand stroller is the best. Apicture without the canopy on it. It comes in 5 colors too!

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I would look for a double. Mine has seen a lot of use, and if you plan on having more children afer this, chances are you could use it with the next child too.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:51 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• i'd get a double stroller. Mine goes up to 50 lbs on each side. The baby trend sit and stand will hold an infant seat in front for the first six months too, and convert to a stand position for the older child so it lasts even longer.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I probably wouldn't bother with getting a double stroller or a sit and stand. *Most* only go up to 40 pounds per seat and your son is already 40 pounds. Unless you can find something that is heavier duty, it would probably be a wast of money for you in the long run.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 3:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I don't know if it's normal or not, but even with my twins our stroller became a dust collector in the garage well before they turned 3. If you think your son will still want/need a stroller for a while then maybe a sit & stand would be a good option for you, but I'd probably try keeping the single stroller and buying a Snugglie carrier or wrap to use for the baby. By the time the baby outgrows the carrier your son should be ready to give up the stroller completely. 

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2011