Ok, when did I get old?

I was just wondering, when did movies and toys that I grew up with become "classics"? Rocky is a classic? Dirty Dancing? When I was young a classic was in black and white! Smurfs and click clacks are "retro"....just when did this happen? "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)

salexander

Asked by salexander at 2:50 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• about the time that Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Home Improvement made it to Nick at Nite LOL

that made me feel so old when I saw them on that channel!
    Anonymous

• True dat... I here ya girl... I wish i knew... This is also unreal to me... So many thoughts and answers to your question...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• NOOOOOO!

I don't wanna grow up, I'm a .... (great that song will be in my head for days now)

I thought old was what happened when we reached our parent's age, and my mom is still older than me!
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 2:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• =o3
    My stepmom talks about that kind of stuff all the time. She loved Rick Springfield when she was in high school, and she says she's horrified that Jessie's Girl is now considered a "classic", LOL!

I for one dread the day when *NSYNC and Britney Spears are considered "classic pop" or some crap like that, stuff from the late 90's when I was a pre-teen O.o
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• lol I know I am getting old I watch nick at night .....and can not remember all the episodes and I watched them growing up ...Family Matters ....Home improvement...Cosby show...BTW Im 30 shhh

sunkist78

Answer by sunkist78 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• lolanon thats to funny we were thinking the same thing

sunkist78

Answer by sunkist78 at 3:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• My aunt gave my dd a recorder with a cassette player to "sing" into. and you would NOT believe the hardest time I had to find a cassette tape! It was like looking for an 8 track!! I found a few a Goodwill! Where did they all go?? Hastings doesnt even sell used one... Im only 23 and THAT made me feel old!!!
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 3:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I am 41 and have no idea what is on the popular station - I do listen to the iTunes download list and have liked some of those songs.

But I know I am old. And I'm ok with it.

Now excuse while I start singing "Circle of Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife"....
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I would say after 30.....you start not being able to make sense of certain things "kids" do.
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• you are how you feel. age aint nothing but a number! ok now that's an old song!
    confused1010

Answer by confused1010 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 17, 2008