Does it bug you

when you see people whose parenting choices you don't agree with? Like maybe if they let their kids snack all day but don't make them eat dinner. Or they let their kids run up and down the aisles at the grocery store.

I really don't let it get to me that much. But there are times when I just think to myself that some people need parenting classes.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• It bugs me when people don't parent their children. If their kid is climbing all over my buggy and knocking into my family at the store, yeah, I'll say something. People need to teach their children basic respect and how to act in public. They can parent their kids however they like- but when their lack of parenting affects me directly they are going to get an ear full.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• It seems more common, it's unfortunate to see parents disable their children by not teaching & guiding them. The kids pay the price & continue to pay....sucks.
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 2:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• It always makes me feel good to see kids act up when mine are being good. I know that's weird, but I feel like I'm doing something right. Plus, we've all been there. People have probably thought bad things about me too.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I am sure people have said things about me...In fact... I know I have been approached at least once. My dd jumped from the second to last step to the ground and fell. She was okay but she skinned her knee and was a little upset. Some lady came over and told me I needed to control my child. Personally I didn't see anything wrong with jumping over the last step. she has done it a million times. But sometimes I think people go beyond this type of stuff.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 2:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Yeah that bugs me, but I don't say anything about b/c sometimes my DD does that too. So, I feel hypocritical if I tell them off b/c I recall times my DD did that herself.
    nataliekateof2

Answer by nataliekateof2 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Yes it does! It also bugs me when parents will say stupid crap like a post I saw yesterday telling people who don't want to hear their children screaming in a restaurant (just cuz they're children) to stay home and not eat out! Really???!!!!! How about u not be a lazy ass parent and teach your kid some manners at not only dinner but a restaurant! Dumb ass people! I would never let my children run around and scream in public places that weren't designed for play! Breath, sigh, vent....lol! Telling u how I really feel!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 9:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2011