Anybody ever tried the Avon stretch mark remover cream?

It's much cheaper than TrilastinSR but I was wondering if its good also. Avon has two creams, so if it worked, which one did you use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I've tried Prefer-on (like that "Head-on" stuff with the really annoying commercials), and others over the years. I was really slim when I got pregnant the first time and gained about 70 pounds with her. But I've found that even the ones that work have to be applied continually to be effective. It seems they "mask" the stretch marks but don't get rid of them. I just figure now that if anyone is going to see them, they better like me enough first that they won't get grossed out by them. They're pretty much a fact of life at this point. But to answer your question, no I haven't tried the Avon ones.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 12:32 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I doesn't work unless you are like super skinny, don't have too many stretch marks and they are new, fresh, still pink stretch marks. Once your stretch marks turn white, they are there for life!!! No cream works, there is not magic cream, pill, etc. It's all a gimmick to make $$$$$$$$$$$$.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• No. I used cocoa nut oil. Worked like a charm, and inexpensive too!
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 2:54 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• indigostone you mean you used it to prevent or get rid of?
    Anonymous

• Cocoa butter helps a lot.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Once they're there... that's it... they're there. You can help minimize them if they're treated AS your're getting them or used as a preventative.

But once you've got them... the ONLY way to remove (some of) them is with a tummy tuck.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• oh yes thank you for the recommendation =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Dec. 18, 2008