Do you get along with MIL or can't stand her and just nice to her?

I have well two mother in laws. my husbands father remarried and i love his new wife compared to my husband mother.
In fact my husbands mother really gets on my nerves. She is retired and has a bunch of time in the world to come see my sons and take them to the near by park for 15mins just so i can get a 15min break. She also has bathtub that leaks and wants it caulked every month, my husband has offerd to help her buy and put in a new bath tub, she refuses so every month we have to waste gas and drive 45mins to caulk her bath tub. She calls every day almost and if not home we will have at least 5missed calls from her before she even tries our cell phone. When she is hear she acts all nervous around my kids and they think grandma is crazy.
My other mother in law barley calls and when she does visit she plays with the kids and if she didn't live like 55mins away she would probably take them from me just so i can get a break.
My mother works full time and calls once or twice a week to see how things are going. trys to visit us and when she does she takes my kids so i can get a break. And sometimes she even wants to take my 3 year old to see movies or even to go to the nearest amusement park She even takes him to the fair. she even babysits for as long as we need her.
My MIL if we ask her to babysit she calls with in 10mins of us being gone just because she can't handle it.
I mean honestly kids are work and i have to do it every day

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• i get along with MIL she knows better not to get on my bad side...smart woman indeed!!!!!!!!!
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 2:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My MIL drives me crazy! We live over 500 miles away from her and yet she will still call my DH for driving directions (around her town) instead of asking her daughter wo lives 5 min away from her! She also complains about how she never gets to see her granddaughter, but doesn't realize it is so much easier for her to get on a plane than it is for three people to arange their schedules and travel over 10 huors in a car with a toddler. She also complains that she does not have money to spend on a plane ticket to come visit us, but yet she shops at premium gorcery stores, always buys name brands, keeps her heat in the upper 70s during the winter and buys herself designer clothes. I realize she works hard an deserves to buy herself nice things, but then she shouldn't pull guilt trips about my DH about not being able to afford to see her granddaughter!
    Bluebird8874

Answer by Bluebird8874 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Awww, nope and that's why she is my "ex" MIL
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 4:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My MIL lives in another state, thank goodness. We get along okay.
    dlee620

Answer by dlee620 at 5:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I can't stand her!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• i love my mother in law!..we get a long great and she is like a mom to me..we have had our little fights but nothing major.. i feel verry blessed to have such wonderfull in laws!! Lol i didnt think i was going to be one of the lucky ones bc of all the bad storys ive heard about the mean crazy in laws..
    lizzie_8690

Answer by lizzie_8690 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I dont talk to the woman. LOL
    Sweets27

Answer by Sweets27 at 1:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2011