My 18wk old is extremely fussy

My son is 18weeks old and for the last week or so he has been really fussy and every so often his cheeks will turn red and stay that way for hours. He doesn't run a fever or anything they just turn red and he cries alot (which he didn't used to do) oh and he is also chewing on his hand and drooling alot. Could all of this be due to teething? Is he too young to start teething? I don't see anything unusual on his gums no swelling or redness so I don't know how to tell. I would appreciate it if anyone had any advice for me. Thank you.

malleymom106

Asked by malleymom106 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does he have something on his tongue or cheeks that looks white and kind of like cottage cheese? If so, he has thrush and his mouth is hurting him terribly.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 3:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2011