What would you do?

what would you do if your husband or boyfriend treated you like a dogg on a leash and you love him like hell andyour kids needed him and didnt want you to leave cause they love their daddy and you had NO WHERE ELSE TO GO and he hits you often but not all the time when the kids are not around?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• I would stop to think that my kids can still love their dad even when we don't live together, and that any dog loves their owner when they get beat because it gets them attention, and there is always someplace to go...it just may not be where we want.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• ya but what if this person does have no where to go because her family abused her as well so she has no where to go
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Then they need to find an abused womans sheltor. It wont' ever get any better, and it may get much worse. That woman needs to leave before her kids realize what is going on, and think that is the way they should act. For the sake of her kids, she needs to leave now.
    Anonymous

• shes tried leaving and all her kids do is cry for their dad so she went back to make them happy she rather be misrable then make her kids unhappy
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• LEAVE!!!! Been there... no reason to EVER stay in an abusive relationship. Kids crying or not, they will undertsnad why someday. I KNOW it's hard, but you HAVE to get out!
    orange4agua72

Answer by orange4agua72 at 3:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Call the police and they will take him away, and you will stay; you won't need anywhere to go.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• And I bet they will be crying for mommy when daddy beats them. Then they end up in the same type of realationship when they grow up.
    Anonymous

• Kids will adapt to their healthy environment and they may even be happier because of the less anxiety and fear momma had when she was living w/daddy.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 3:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• but see the writer says he only hits this person when the kids are gone so the kids don't know this is happening ,, his game see he does that so that mom looks bad when she leaves. I would leave it doesnt get better and yeah it might get bad ,,, have her call the police when this happens, the shelter can maybe help with a restraining order and even some funds so that you can pay your rent just until you figure out you need to get your own house and there is even funds for the new house you get ... please do it ...
    barrerajuls

Answer by barrerajuls at 4:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• i had this prob.. me and my son left.
    Meghan6391

Answer by Meghan6391 at 7:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2011